Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday Setlist (s)

This past Sunday was absolutely incredible. The Sunday morning service was life changing. God really lined up the set list for the pastor to drive it home with his message 'Transitional Storms'. It's pretty incredible because the pastor and I typically don't talk about what his message is going to be, nor do I typically tell him what we're playing, so this was all God. Further proves that He knows what He's doing :) . Here's what we played:

1. Salvation is Here (Hillsong)
2. Forever Reign (Hillsong)
3. Rain Down (Scott Lowder) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okM33nPwEsQ )
4. Washed by the Water (Needtobreathe) we did a cool little transition from Rain Down into the chorus "Even when the rain falls...." .
5. Give Me Faith (Elevation Worship) - This song was absolutely anointed, and lined right up with the message from Mark 4: 35-41 . "Give me faith to trust what You say..."

I always tell our worship band to expect the unexpected, and Sunday night is one of the reasons why. Our pastor never got to the message for the night. God had other plans. Here was our set:

1. Psalm 18 (Let Hope Rise) (Scott Lowder)
2. Our God Saves (Paul Baloche)
3. From the Inside Out (Hillsong)
4. The Stand (Hillsong) - This is where God took over, and the congregation flooded the altar. Our pastor's series on Sunday night has been concentrated on the Holy Spirit. We've really been seeking God in the those services, and tonight God just poured the Spirit out on all of us. "I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe of the One who gave it all. I'll stand, my soul Lord to You surrendered. All I am is Yours."

Probably one of the best Sundays I have ever had at a church. They were absolutely anointed. I'm gonna have a terrible worship hangover today, but I know that God will get me through it!


How were your services this weekend?

Sunday Setlists at theworshipcommunity.com

2 comments:

  1. Scott,

    Sounds like an awesome Sunday for you and your community of faith. Tremendous!

    Quick question for you - sounds as if it is intentional strategy to not have much communication with your pastor. Love to learn more about the whys and hows of this....

    Stay connected...

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry,

    Thanks for the question! I started at this church at the beginning of this year, and since day one this has been how we've done it. We really rely on the Spirit to lead us to the message and songs for each week. I guess this works because the pastor and I both know where we are in our walk with God, and we just leave it up to Him to help us in selecting our set and message each week. Hasn't failed us yet! How about you?

    ReplyDelete